Monday, January 23, 2006

Stupid me again~~~

Heyloz bloggie world...how's everyone??!!

This is actually V2 of my post....because i was actually typing this entry until 3/4 done already and i went to install something...AND THE PC REBOOTED!!!!Haha so what was a long entry now might be shortened already.

The entry actually refers to me on Saturday.The premise is simple..i was gonna go donate some of my chinese comics(which consisted of Doraemon,Crayon Shinchan and some soccer comics) to the library. Two big plastic bags full of comics in fact.Ok i went to TRL in the afternoon lugging along those two plastic bags...i went in and the librarian told me TRL dun accept donations of comics and i was directed to Marine Parade library.Well i was like 'diao' inside my head and so i went and place the comics at a void deck nearby the library. I went to Challenger to go walk walk after that because i was actually waiting for a phonecall...imagine i saw Jean Long and her mum haha what a coincidence.After the walk at Challenger i decided to take 291 home since i still hadn't received the phonecall...i saw bus number 15 and something struck me....15 goes to Marine Parade!!!So i got down after only one stop from the interchange and i rushed over to pick up the 2 bags and took the bus to MPCL.You can only imagine the agony written on my face when i arrived at MPCL sweating like a pig only to be given the response," SOrry we do not accept donations anymore...maybe you can try the Salvation Army?"

Woah i was stunned for a moment there but no choice so i had to woefully lug the 2 bags out and i proceeded to walk out(still sweating profusely) and to the void deck of a flat nearby.I stood there for at least 1 minute to think about what i should do..i was seriously considering even taking a bus or a cab to Salvation Army at Changi!!!In the end my hungry stomach( i still had not taken lunch and it was around 3+pm already) made me look for alternatives nearby...luckily i managed to see a YWCA Children's Development Centre and i placed the books there.Sure hope the comics would be of usage to them...

I think people must be wondering what a twit i am because i could have just sold the comics away to the comics shops eh?Well no choice because my idea was to let people read the comics for free...if i sold away the comics,they would be used as money making tools..that's why i decided upon the libraries in the first place. and i didn't think of the Salvation Army in the first place cos i dun think a lot of people visit Salvation Army to buy stuff and if the comics dun get bought,there would be no revenue and then no money would be raised for the needy. Actually i should have found an orphanage and passed the comics over to the orphanage hor??*slaps myself* :) Mebbe next time i might do just that...

Ahh enough of the rants on the library liaozz...haha Sat was a day of coincidences...after settling the books down at the YWCA centre,i walked to a mama shop to buy a drink and then i walked to a bus stop.My plan at that moment was to just take any bus that came along(and if phonecall was still not forthcoming then i would travel to Geylang and makan MA LA steamboat!!) I was looking in the direction of the oncoming vehicles when i suddenly heard a welly welly sweet voice which was familiar...wahahhaa i turned around and guess who i saw???Prissy!!!!Haha my cute cuzzie was coming back from celebration of her fwens bday at Swensen's :) she told me that Oma was in Singapore so i went over to see her...too bad though cos Oma was asleep so i only helped Prissy to choose news articles for her newspaper cutting homework.And Kenny called me in the end haha...so we chose to meet at Katong Mall...and i met Kurt!!he was on his way to buy a Mazda 3...cooolz siaa.

After meeting Kenny we just walked around inside of Katong Mall first...we stopped at this boutique or something and saw this nice dress aka costume aka outfit and wanted to take a pic of it.while taking the pic though this surly man came out and said,"what do you think you're doing?" Kenny said,"don't have to worry lar" but guess what the man replied???? "You should be the one to worry..." WTF???How can the man be so presumptous and be so impolite??What if we were customers who were interested in his goods??Man that turned me off and so i just walked off with Kenny briskly..no use flaring up at this dude.

Dinner was up and we looked around for some grub....i saw this place named Stone Grill and the food looked quite delectable but we settled on a restaurant next to Stone Grill. i loiked it a lot haha cos 1.the place was quiet(not good for the owner though cos this means not much business,2.waitress was cute,3.layout was comfortable,4.haha the cups very cool.
I ordered a drink named Love Cocktail and au contraire....it wasn't alcoholic!!!Haha its actually a fruit tea...i recommend it to people....i mean the shop :) I dunno the name of the place but its opposite Katong Mall so shouldn't be too difficult to find. Ohh there's a chill out lounge and bar upstairs at 2nd storey also i think :)

I was looking around online and i finally found another webcomic that is nice and really appealed to the gamer inside of me..hahah and its CaptainSNES....you can see it at the link below.

CaptainSNES

Its utterly funny(haha as are most comics) do have a fun read :)

Am listening to Franz Ferdinand's Walk Away right now :)

Walk Away

I swapped my innocence for pride
Crushed the end within my stride
Said 'I'm strong now I know that I'm a leaver"
I love the sound of you walking away
Mascara bleeds a blackened tear
And I am cold
Yes I'm cold
But not as cold as you are
I love the sound of you walking away

Why don't you walk away?
No buildings will fall down
Why don't you walk away?
No quake will split the ground
Why don't you walk away?
The sun won't swallow the sky
Why don't you walk away?
Statues will not cry

I cannot turn to see those eyes
As apologies may rise
I must be strong and stay an unbeliever
And love the sound of you walking away
Mascara bleeds into my eye
I'm not cold
I am old
At least as old as you are
As you walk away

And as you walk away
My headstone crumbles down
As you walk away
The Hollywood wind's a howl
As you walk away
The Kremlin's falling
As you walk away
Radio 4 is static
As you walk away

The stab of stiletto
On a silent night
Stalin smiles
Hitler laughs
Churchill claps
Mao Tse-Tung
On the back

Quite a nice song..haha i know i am quite slow because its been out for a while eh?

Do have a great day people..haha birthday month beckoning...but CNY comes first :) Seeyaz and all take carezz

Chowz
Joshy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home